Canterbury Cricket Selector
Canterbury Cricket is looking for expressions of interest for the role of Canterbury Selector.
This role predominantly involves watching club and District Association cricket and meeting with the two other members of the senior selection panel to ensure the best possible Wizards and Wizards ‘A’ teams are selected.
The role requires the selector to occasionally travel in and around the District Associations to observe cricket matches.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Be available to observe club cricket and District Association matches that are being played to assist in identifying key players of interest for selection
- Be available for meeting with the other selectors to select Wizards teams (these are often done at the grounds) and the annual Major Association contracts
- Liaise with the Director of Cricket/Wizards coach with their views on players of interest
- Have experience in understanding the player demands at First Class level and what skills and attributes are required for players to succeed
- Have an interest in seeing Canterbury Cricket teams succeed and excel
- The ideal applicant will:
- Have a strong technical, tactical and mental knowledge of First Class cricket
- Be based within the greater Christchurch area
- Be capable of articulating the strengths and weaknesses of individuals
- Relate well and build rapport with club and District Association coaches and players
- Past First Class playing experience is preferred but not essential
This is a non paid position however all expenses incurred in the role will be paid.
If you have an interest in being involved in Canterbury Cricket and have the time and desire to assist, please email your expression of interest to email@example.com by Friday 23rd August 2013.