New Zealand Cricket is responsible for the administration of the game in New Zealand, with delivery of grassroots, club, school and representative programmes managed through six regional Major Associations. New Zealand Cricket also administers the New Zealand men’s international team, The BLACKCAPS and the women’s international team, The White Ferns, as well as the New Zealand A, New Zealand Under-19 teams and emerging players.
NZC’s long term strategy for women’s cricket is to ensure that structures are in place to promote the development of a stream of top quality women’s cricketers, and to create a team with national profile that can inspire more girls and women to play and support cricket. With this in mind we have a vacancy for a Coachreporting to the White Ferns Performance Manager. This is a part time, fixed term role for 12 months commencing 1 July 2014.
The successful applicant will:
- Assist the national women’s selection panel
- Develop individual performance plans for players
- Organise and run training camps
- Travel as team Coach on tour
- Liaise closely with Major Association coaches re the development of elite women’s cricketers
The ideal applicant will have:
- A Level 3 coaching qualification plus recent coaching experience and success at an elite level
- Outstanding leadership, communication and people management skills
- The ability to generate, direct and manage the implementation of cutting edge coaching solutions and programmes
- The drive to succeed and a willingness to be judged on results
- The flexibility to be able to tour for approximately 9 weeks a year (split over 3 tours) plus extra capacity to attend training camps at Lincoln (these are usually from Friday-Sunday) and ad-hoc planning meetings.
Candidates should email a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. A position description is available on our website www.blackcaps.co.nz. Applications close on Thursday 12 June and interviews will be held the following week.