South Canterbury Rugby Football Union (SCRFU) and South Canterbury Cricket Association (SCCA) administer all facets of rugby and cricket within the region.
We are seeking a Chief Executive Officer whose primary purpose will be to provide managerial leadership to both the SCRFC and SCCA.
Working in conjunction with each Board and its Chairman, key responsibilities for this role include –
- Develop and have input into the strategic and business plans of the SCRFC and SCCA
- Manage, recruit and mentor the staff of each organisation, providing oversight and leadership in respect of the operations of the SCRFU and SCCA
- Prepare timely and appropriate reports to each Board
- Work effectively with the media to promote the activities of SCRFU and SCCA
- Liaise regularly with key contacts, sponsors and allied organisations to enhance the reputation of both organisations
- Prepare and maintain accurate budgets in conjunction with the finance committees of the SCRFU and SCCA
- Monitor sales targets, identifying suitable funding opportunities to pursue and implement
Sponsorship and Marketing
- Develop and maintain relationships with the sponsors of SCRFU and SCCA, ensuring that value is maximised for both the sponsor and organisation
- Develop marketing strategies to attract new sponsors in order to maximise revenue
Ideally the applicant will have experience at CEO level, and will possess strong business management skills, proven financial acumen and high integrity. Strong communication skills are essential for this role, as you will be dealing directly with key stakeholders, sponsors, media and the public.
This full time permanent position would be an excellent opportunity for a driven individual with a passion for sport. The ability to take ownership of this role, and promote both the SCRFU and SCCA as progressive and reputable sporting organisations is essential.
For a full job description or further details on the position please contact email@example.com
To apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to P O Box 457, Timaru 7940 by 1 May 2013.